Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sleeping through the night!


I love this picture!! No big brother could be more proud and thrilled than this one right here! Since the girls were in school when Thomas was born, Brett got to come that morning and see Thomas and I in the hospital. Thomas was about an hour old in this picture. The kids have done really well adjusting to the new baby. Sometimes they are a little "too helpful" but that is to be expected! Brett still gets mad when I won't let him help me change the diapers. He really is serious about helping out!
This eye-opening, "I can't help but stare at it" picture is of Thomas' first home, the sac. This is the "bubble" he grew in for nine months. The placenta is attatched at the bottom of it, in the bowl. My doctor has a pair of surgical scissors inside it to stretch it out so we could really see it good. It's kind of gross but still kind of miraculous and cool at the same time! The hole you see is where it broke (at Arby's :0) ) and the labor process started. Yes, my doctor thought I was a little weird for asking to see it!

Well, our little man is starting to sleep for eight hours through the night! The tricky part is trying to get him fed and in bed before midnight. But whatever time he does go down, he is out for a good, long while. Oh, how I needed this precious, uninterrupted sleep!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How do you get them to sleep through the night in 10 days?!? I'm so jealous! Samantha is still only sleeping 3-5 hours at a time. I'm glad to hear you all are doing well! We miss you guys!

And I don't think you're weird for seeing the placenta...I saw mine too! My Dr. said I won the prize for the largest placenta of the day!

~Michelle

Michelle said...

We need a new post!