Thursday, September 6, 2007

Waiting for baby Thomas


Does the fatigue ever end? Poor Brett was trying to offer me some comfort here last Sunday. We are literally WAITING for this child to make his entrance into the world. All you ladies whose baby came even remotely early, be thankful!!! Everyday the anxiety level in the house gets higher and the patience level gets lower. I can't call anyone without them answering the phone in a half panicked voice. John's mom calls us with traffic reports just in case we are leaving for the hospital! I want to thank our seminary friends, Jackie and Anthony for inspiring me to create this blog. They created one when they were expecting their first child, which was born two weeks late in August! I would go out of my mind if this boy is two weeks late.
So, I went to the doctor on Wednesday, Sept. 5th and I was dialated 2 cm. and 50% effaced. I am technically not due till the 10th. Brett says that Thomas isn't coming till Santa Clause does. John says in that case, Santa isn't coming this year! You would think by the third time in doing this. we would just kind of hang back and when it happens. it happens. But no, it does not get any easier with each child.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

We're so glad to have inspired you!! Welcome to the blogging world!!

Michelle said...

We're glad he finally came!! I'm sure he's precious...can't wait to see pics!